Membership In The Retired Los Angeles City Employees, Inc. (RLACEI)
RLACEI is the association, which represents retired City employees. All members are active members of the City Retirement System. Our mission is to assure a financially sound retirement system adequately funded, so that all present and future retirees will receive the financial benefits for which they worked and are entitled. As a member of the Retirement System, you are eligible to join and help us in this effort.
The Board of Directors of RLACEI meet monthly to discuss and take action on items of legislation, which may affect YOUR retirement benefits. These items are monitored daily by Board Members. Members receive our newsletter, published three times a year, which reports on activities of the organization. In addition, two membership meetings are held each year, an annual picnic, golf tournament, and Holiday Party. All members of RLACEI receive the El Pueblo as part of their membership.
Working together we have achieved major improvements in our retirement system, including:
• Election of retiree to the Retirement Commission to represent us and protect our financial interests
• Annual Cost-of-Living Adjustment (COLA)
• Maintaining a strong Health Insurance Program, including subsidy for retiree and dependents
• Medicare Part B reimbursement for retirees with both Parts A and B of Medicare
• Retired Dental Insurance Program subsidy
• Continuation of health subsidy for surviving spouse
• Increase of death benefits to $2,500
• Hearing Aid and Eyeglass program
• Increase monthly check for Large COLA bank holders
These benefits are the direct result of many hours of work by your fellow retirees. We need your help and support to seek improvements in our retirement system and to oppose any effort on the part of the City that would reduce the financial stability of the system. Now that you are eligible, we welcome you to join the almost 9,000 members of our retirement family.
The dues are $24 per year. A $2 deduction will be taken from your check each month. Please complete and mail the deduction card to:
Cliffors Cannon, Membership Chairperson
PO Box 11054
Carson, CA 90749